Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Hj, I have holden viva 2006 it has got 134000 km. Problem is

Customer Question

Hj,
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: I have holden viva 2006 it has got 134000 km . Problem is warning light on dashboard has been coming from past week
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tested the dashboard light bulbs?
Customer: Nope can u please tell me how can i check fuse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't done anything so far i am not running it now from past three days
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: If i stop in traffic signal in idling it jerks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Engine warning light ha been
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

Ok, so the check engine light is on.

the check engine light only comes on when the onboard computer detects a fault in either the engine management system, transmission, or emission control system. Faults can range from vacuum leak, engine misfire, transmission problem, emission control leak, one of dozens of engine or transmission sensors, or even internal engine or transmission failure. There are over 500 fault codes that can cause the check engine light to come on. And not every one has symptoms you can feel or see or hear.

The only way to determine which of the over 500 faults is responsible is to have the onboard computer read with a diagnostic scanner. once this is done and the fault code retreived then pinpoint diagnosis can be done and repair done.

without knowing which of the over 500 faults is responsible, it is simply impossible, as well as irresponsible for anyone to guess at to which one is responsible for the check light coming on

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.