Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Have put 10 l of petrol in by mistake how do I drain the

Customer Question

Have put 10 l of petrol in by mistake how do I drain the tank Nissan Pathfinder v6 r51
JA: How has your mileage been lately? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: It's 10 l of petrol in a Diesel engine how do I drain it
JA: What year is your Pathfinder?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing I am in very remote spot how do I drain it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No just want to know how to drain it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your tank does not have a drain on it then you would need to use an electric fuel pump with hoses attached to it to put into the filler neck down inside the tank to pump out the fuel.If it has a drain it will be at the bottom tank area and can be removed to drain the tank.These are usually the only ways to drain the tank.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete