Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a jeep patriot sport and when I went to get in it

Customer Question

I have a jeep patriot sport and when I went to get in it this morning I am unable to unlock the doors using central locking key(s). Is this a usual problem? what can I do to rectify it? and how do I get in when it is centrally locked?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases this is the key fob/remote part of the key assembly itself at fault.I have also seen weak battery in the key fob/remote cause this issue needing replaced.If the battery has not been checked/replaced at all this needs done to see if this is the issue here and replaced as needed.If this does not resolve the fault here then the remote itself will need replaced.

On some models there is a key cylinder that you can use the key blade for to open the doors when you cannot access it electronically.There should be a metal key blade on your electronic key that you can pull out to open at the cylinder at either the driver door or rear of the vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete