indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics

I have a 1997 Terrano Regulus. The heater core has a massive

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Terrano Regulus. The heater core has a massive leak and needs removing and replacing. Do i have to remove the whole dash or can i just remove the center part of dash. I am half way thru this and it is looking bleak.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When i say heater core i mean the little radiator behind the dash hard up against the firewall. Have removed center console, radio and plastic walnut surround. Glovebox and aircon unit.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 months ago.

Hi .

Here is a video of the frontier that is basically just the same as the regulus .

This video is showing you a short cut on how to do this without removing the complete dash as one must do normally

to replace the heater matrix .

Please click here for video .

Please click here for other video .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry Greg not happy the frontier video was of no help at all. The Terrano Regulus is a way different setup. Not similar at all!!! The bottom pipe is ali , the top pipe is plastic and has a control rod thru it near where it screws onto the radiator! Am thinking I have wasted my money as i can go onto Youtube and download this as well you know for free!!!! Need to know how to do it for my EXACT model. Cheers Craig

Okay sorry craig looks like down under modals are a lot different than ours on this side .

I will opt out and see if another expert can assist you with this issue .

Thank you Craig.

Kind regards Greg..