sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

2009 430 Ferrari - the reverse parking sensors do not work.

Customer Question

2009 430 Ferrari - the reverse parking sensors do not work. When I select reverse the beep sounds to warn people I am reversing, but the sensors do not work. The front sensors do perform as they are meant to.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that could be causing the park assist to not work.

The problem may be with wiring. It isn't uncommon for the sensor wiring to be damaged from road debris.

It could be the module that control the system, but that wouldn't be as likely.

The most common cause for the system not working would be one or more failed sensors.

If you don't see any visible issues with the sensors or their wiring then the next step would be to use a capable scan tool to see what fault codes are setting and look at sensor data. Odds are you have one or more bad sensors.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for this brief overview, I also suspect a sensor issue but do not have a scanner, are you able to supply a wiring schematic so I can do some local testing?

I'm unable to post material directly from the service information due to copyright, however I don't readily have a wiring diagram for this vehicle. If no visible wiring problems are found then a scan tool it going to be necessary to proceed from there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, looks like it is too hard, I will take vehicle to Service Agent
Let me know if you need any more help!