Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,

I have a daihatsu jet 1989 S107, everything has been working

Customer Question

I have a daihatsu hijet 1989 S107, everything has been working well until the other day.
I would turn the ignition and it would crank but no sign off firing, I did this till i had to charge it up again. It has a manual choke for starting
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

1st check for spark by removing one of the spark plugs and plug it back into its lead and rest it on the metal of the engine ( DO NOT hold it on place by hand) then have your assistant turn the engine over whilst you watch the plug. It should give a fat blue spark at regular intervals.

If not then check that there's power to the coil pack (at the other end of the plug lead) using a meter. If there’s 12V at the pack but no spark

If there is a spark and its still not starting then its likely that the fuel isn't getting up to the carb

If the car will start using a squirt of quick/ easi start into the intake then this confirms the problem is lack of fuel

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When i lift the seat up I can see part of the engine, ho do I get full access to the engine ??
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I didnt get any info with this unit, what cc is it (it's*****high and low)
Are you charging 33 dollars for each question if so disregard the two questions, thank you Carl
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm reading the free trail thing, I really dont wont to pay 33 dollars a month for the rest of my life ha ha, just the once is good
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Under the seats at the front are carpet flaps. Under there, there is a clip. Undo that and push the chair back to get to the engine. and it sometimes helps to wind the recliner on the seat so the backrest is more upright before you unclip the seat and lift the seat back. If you need better access, remove the engine cover behind the seats, situated under the carpet, if fitted. I think they are 10mm and 12mm bolts but go easy, they often shear off.

and you only pay per post but can ask multiple questions on the 1 post

and the engine is likely to be 993cc triple

Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you