Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Horn on 2013 Kia carnival keeps beeping 7 times just sitting

Customer Question

Horn on 2013 Kia carnival keeps beeping 7 times just sitting in the driveway
JA: What is the model of your '13 Kia?
Customer: I don't know, I'm in Sydney and it's going off in my driveway in NZ...what models are there?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My wife is there checking all the doors and boot are shut...she said is has happened a few times this week
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like the car alarm is going off causing this here.This can be common and can be caused by a fault with the drivers door latch itself as it should house the door position sensor.If this sensor is sending an incorrect signal it causes this fault here and the latch would need replaced.All doors may be closing and operating properly but if one latch is sending an incorrect signal it causes this fault needing replaced.Usually it is the drivers door as it is the door used the most.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete