Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Actuator on transfer case 2001 Pajero can it be changed

Customer Question

Actuator on transfer case 2001 Pajero can it be changed without dropping transfer case
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Mitsubishi Pajero mm mdel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Can u get the actuator out without removing transfer case
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On most models the actuator can be replaced without removing the transfer case itself.On some models the transfer case needs lowered out to replace it or components around the transfer case removed to access and replace it.Unfortunately I do not see the full replacement info on this here myself.If none of this works to help here you might contact a dealer or repair facility that works on this model to see what they say on replacing this.If this is not an option and you want to continue here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete