Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

The demobilizwer is f,d brought another and had programed

Customer Question

the demobilizwer is f,d brought another and had programed but now since we changed the belt the car wont start at all
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: no,no spark it doesn't don't no life of battery
JA: What year is your IS F?
Customer: hello my girlfriend has done a good job but I might be able to explain. the immobilizer won't turn off. the original fob was dropped in water ... after a week it dried and worked so I has another fob programed and both worked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes hoping to fix myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: 2lt auto
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok everything was working fine ,both fobs , even the old one. Then the fan belt broke and because the previous owner had put the alternator in wrong (I don't no why) we took the earth wire off the battery, then removed alternator turned the back plate around on it and it fitted properly. Fitted the belt put earth wire back on battery and tried to start it. Nothing, so tried fob old /new still nothing.... checked plugs for spark, no spark ... checked earth wire nothing ...tried the on/off switch connected to the 3rd fuse (ignition fuse) nothing ... someone told me to put the ignition to the accessories position and leave it for 25 mins and that bypasses the immobilizer (fingers crossed) nothing. Spoke to dealership who said "they would have to contact America to try and get new fob but don't like our chances because that particular model wasn't popular and they don't keep parts for models earlier than 2000" surely that can't be right, can it ???
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an internal electrical short in the alternator itself.If this was shorted in the process of clocking it/turning it this can cause a fault like this here.Check and make sure all fuses are o.k.If there is an issue with one or more fuses this can also cause a fault like this here with the affected fuse needing replaced.If fuses are o.k. I would have the alternator tested to see if it needs replaced for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Pete I will see how ur advice goes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete