Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Need to replace rear seatbelt receiver in back seat of a

Customer Question

need to replace rear seatbelt receiver in back seat of a 2011 volvo xc 60 and can't workout how to pull up seat lower part
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes can't pull it up
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Some seats are bolted to the floor and the bolts are accessed at the base of the bottom seat itself at where the carpet meets up to the bottom of the seat.I would check this area if you havent yet to see if this is where the bolts are that need removed to remove this seat to then replace this receiver.If this was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your reply
I worked it out
There are 2 tabs either end of the seat that you press with a screwdriver and the lower part of the seat pops up and the belt rx us unbolted
Easy if u know how
It took a bit of time and an is pectin camera poked under the seat to work it out in the end
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

That is great to hear.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know as I strive to achieve an o.k. to excellent rating.

Thanks Pete