Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Central locking keep locking doors, as soon as you use

Customer Question

Central locking keep locking doors, as soon as you use handle or smart key entry you hear the for unlocking and immediately locking again...if you are quick you can open the door between the unlocking / locking cycle. as soon as you get in all doors lock. If you press the master switch the door unlocks and immediately locks again...sometimes it goes in to a spastic fit of locking /unlocking for about ten or fifth teen cycles
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 170,000 and no this has not happened before
JA: What year is your Fit?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The usual , fuses etc and any chicken dances I can find on the net. I think the default is to be locked and this has somehow overridden the door being open....so it might be master switch stuck in lock mode or something like that. Trying to diagnose problem before I start ripping it apart
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It had a new eco fitted two weeks ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

What should be done first here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.I have seen issues with a faulty door latch sending an incorrect signal causing this issue here needing replaced and most common is usually the drivers door latch as it is the latch that is used the most.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete