Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.

Can you convert a Suzuki APV van to an automatic?

Customer Question

can you convert a Suzuki APV van to an automatic?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  discostew replied 3 months ago.

Hi chris, a question like this is a little difficult to answer ,generally speaking a conversion like this is not economical ,if a 2015 apv came from factory with an auto trans one would be able to obtain (from a wrecker)the apropriate components to do the conversion,but that said youre gonna need a lot more parts than just a gearbox,if the apv was never availiable in auto,then we enter the world of customisation where nothing is impossible, just some things are more possible than others $$$$,cheaper & less pain to go buy an automatic one(if such a thing exists),cheers stew

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Stew,
I have a coffee mobile franchise and I am going to obtain a second vehicle and my wife is going to drive this. My wife canot drive an automatic and unfortunately the franchisor only fits out the the Suzuki APV and they don't want to purchase any other vehicle. This is to keep the same fit out and image. Ihave also contacted Suzuki and they said that APV only comes in a manual.So my question is can we convert this and if so how much approximately the cost would beRegardsChris

Hi chris, the ''already tried'' section is where it should say, 1)wife cant drive a manual,2)suzuki don't make an auto version,3)franchisor only wants a Suzuki.......then the answer would be.....Conversion is impossible, learning to drive a manual is possible.......

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
HI StewI did some more research and found that the APV is made in the Phillapines and they do make an Auto but don't import these to AustraliaI think it's a dead end for meRegardsChris

ok chris , as we now know ,no such thing as an auto apv,and wont be anytime soon,cheers stew

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks StewMuch appreciatedRegards