Experience:  proprietor at port steering & alignment

I have Rav4 2006..and can't find the 3 digit pin radio. It

Customer Question

Hi I have Rav4 2006..and can't find the 3 digit pin for the radio. It is now sitting on SEC with 4 more tries . The radio number is ***** Am I able to reset the system
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In most cases this code has to come from a dealer.In some cases they may not charge for this code if you show them proof of ownership and a photo ID.If this is not an option for you and you want to continue here instead let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete...I can go to the closest dealer as I have proof of purchase. l wouldn't mind persevering with this forum.
I'm looking for some way (that is not too difficult) that allows me to put a new pin into the radio
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What I ultimately want is the radio and CD to work again. At the moment it is just sitting on "SEC"
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  discostew replied 3 months ago.

Tony, most of the time,(unless its already been reset by a previous owner)the code will be the last 3digits of the vin number, the owners manual details the different radio types for( or in) your vehicle , different radios=different procedures ,I have set Toyotas with 3 digit pin , have also seen them with a 4 digit pin, it may have had a replacement Toyota radio fitted at some stage in the last 6 years( who knows?), a/any Toyota dealer should be able to supply you the original pin code(try the vin trick, but the dealer should have the original code)be aware another owner may have changed the code so me ,the dealer & you will never know its original code, the number on the radio means nothing as far as coding, i'm more curious why it needs a code(battery on/off)(radio from another car)as you know the radio will only give you so many chances ,once theyre used up , its over, buy another radio,DO NOT message me without trying ALL of the above, i can only help so much without seeing it myself,i don't have time for endless message exchanges, a lot of JA customers just don't want to visit a mech/auto elec,cheers stew