Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I am wishing to remove the D Chip from my 2007 lux D4D

Customer Question

I am wishing to remove the D Chip from my 2007 Hilux D4D engine.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 120 K Auto, I just want to know how to unclip the plug
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Toyota Hilux 2007 model D4D KUN 26 Engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I cannot see how to unclip the plug
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this is an after market tuning chip it should have a connection you can unplug to remove it.It may have a lock on the connection that needs pressed or pulled to then release the connector to remove it.If this is not what you are trying to remove or this was already attempted let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete