indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics

I have a 2002 ford courier (ford ranger) 2.6L 4x4 ute. When

Customer Question

I have a 2002 ford courier (ford ranger) 2.6L 4x4 ute. When i rev the engine up to roughly 4000 rpm, either in neutral or any gear, I get a loud squealing grinding noise and then the motor seizes up.. Then it will not turn over again. The starter just goes clunk once and wont start.But, If I then put the car in 5th gear and rock it back and forth i can free up the engine and it will start fine and idle/drive fine until i get to high rpm and the same issue occurs..Once the noise starts if I quickly turn the motor off it will not seize and i can start and run fine until the revs get too high and it happens again.any ideas??
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 months ago.

Sounds like the cams are sizing or even possible crankshaft bearing .

To be sure it's nothing external remove the belts and run the engine to high revs if sizes again its internal

engine failure .

If runs free check all the belt pulleys alternator etc.

But most likely internal from what you explained .

Check oil level .drain off oil and check for metal deposits and the drain bolt for metal deposits

this will confirm internal damage check oil for golden metalic colour will confirm bad bearings .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.