Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a 2015 ford ranger 3.2 tdi manual that the engine

Customer Question

I have a 2015 ford ranger 3.2 tdi manual that the engine cuts out in when slowing to a stop or even sometimes just idling. It happens whether it is cold or at operating temp. The engine restarts immediately when you turn the key again. The fault is very intermittent and throws no computer codes. I have taken the vehicle to ford 4 times and they can't figure out why it is doing it. I've also had a number of other mechanics look at it and the only thing they could find was the clutch sensor was faulty but replacing this didn't help. If you have any idea of checks I can have done or what may be causing this it would be much appreciated. Thanks
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One very common component to cause this fault here is usually an issue with the crank position sensor/engine rpm sensor needing replaced.I have seen this sensor fail several times before in the past needing replaced for this exact issue here and in most all cases it will not set any fault codes making it difficult to diagnose.I suspect this sensor needs replaced on your model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete