Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

My 2009 Nissan Maxima loses power when taking off from

Customer Question

My 2009 Nissan Maxima loses power when taking off from stopped. The transmission light on the dashboard (P R N D) starts to flash. After about 5 - 8 seconds it returns to normal. Everything I try to fix the problem doesn't have any effect. I just keep my foot on the accelerator and it eventually comes good. It doesn't happen whilst driving , only when taking off.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The indicator light flashes when the computer system sees a fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to know what is failing you are going to need to start with connecting a Nissan compatible scan tool and scan the system to see what the fault code and or codes are that are setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause.