Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a problem with the MMI system The main rotary switch

Customer Question

Hi I have a problem with the MMI system The main rotary switch and the 2left hand buttons dont respond.I can select all with the steering console but not with center console buttons.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is now more than 24 Hrs and I have not heard back.When can I expect a response.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here may be due to a fault with the rotary switch and buttons themselves.I have seen these fail before in the past needing replaced on some models.If you have not had the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here this needs done first.Any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for that.I have it booked in for that scan as it is still under warranty.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Your welcome.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete