Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Had flat battery, Put in new, All dash lights on but no

Customer Question

Had flat battery
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: Put in new
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: All dash lights on but no start
JA: What year is your Volvo?
Customer: 1996
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 960 2.9 auto
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Ran good prior to flat battery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your vehicles security system may have engaged causing the no start here.Try locking and unlocking the doors with the remote and key itself and then see if it will start and run then.If this is or was already attempted and did not correct this fault here let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete