Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Diesel leak on fuel pump 2.9ltr musso motor. Diesel sitting

Customer Question

Diesel leak on fuel pump 2.9ltr musso motor. Diesel sitting on top of pump
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? What color is the fluid?
Customer: On the top of the injector pump, diesel around base of fuel pipes
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 1997 Ssangyong Museo 2.9 lyrics 5 cylinder turbo diesel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I would like to try and repair myself, just troubleshooting at this point
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Engine is hard to start when left for a week or longer
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The hard to start issue is due to the diesel fuel leak you see on your model.Once the leak is repaired this should correct this issue here.

I would inspect the lines at the pump where they connect and make sure they are tight with no cracks or damage to them.If this is checked and all found to be o.k. I would suspect the pump is leaking and may be a seal needing replaced on the pump.Usually the parts to rebuild or repair the pump are obtained from a local diesel pump repair facility but most require special tools to replace seals or rebuild the pump.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete