cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years

I accidentally put unleaded fuel in my newly purchased 2012

Customer Question

I accidentally put unleaded fuel in my newly purchased 2012 CG7 Captiva. I only realised my mistake when the engine started to surge but I pulled over as soon as i could. I had the car towed home and haven't started it. Apart from the obvious draining of the fuel tank, is there anything else I could do myself to rid the injection system of the unleaded? My previous vehicle was a diesel Landcruiser (not common rail) and it was a pretty simple exercise.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 3 months ago.

drain the fuel and flush the injector system and it will be fine if you need the info on how to flush it let me know and i will get it for you