Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

2004 mondeo wagon rear door takes to clicks of the opener to

Customer Question

2004 mondeo wagon rear door takes to clicks of the opener to get door open and front button wont work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: undone rear panel put cable tie on manual unlock device. sprayed crc on mechanisium
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 300K no
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an electrical fault with the rear latch/lock assembly needing replaced.I have seen this fail in the past before on several models needing replaced.I would have this checked/tested to see if this needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete