Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Its an 04 Touareg v8 VW, the air suspension has gone to the

Customer Question

Hi, its an 04 Touareg v8 VW, the air suspension has gone to the lowest level and the compressor doesn't activate?
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: The ride is hard and the warning light is on in the instrument panel. No fluid is apparent under the vehicle, it has been unused for 6Mths.
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 04 VW v8 Touareg
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I'm hoping to fix this myself. I haven't tried anything so far.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The compressor did start intermitantly, then didn't start at all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine what has cause the problem you are having with the suspension you are going to need to start first with scanning the system to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the system warning light comes on. If you can get the scan done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause.