Doug
Doug, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Factory trained technician
21364095

I own a 1990 ca lancer with no spark. coil replaced.disi

Customer Question

I own a 1990 ca lancer with no spark. coil replaced.disi replaced.computer readout sais all ok using digital test light have ful power to 1terminal on disi plug some power 0n 2 plugs and noneon black wire.please help
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Doug replied 11 months ago.

With the coil and distributor both replaced and assumed good, I would only expect a problem with the PTU (power transistor unit... basically like an igniter) being the cause here. It is what feeds the trigger signal to the distributor. Since you have injector pulse you know the distributor signal is reaching the computer and it can use it... that really only leaves either the PTU or the computer not sending the signal to the PTU, unusual circumstances (rodent damage to wiring etc) aside, of course.
The PTU is located on the intake manifold, in between the valve cover area and the coil area.