Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My stop lights and cruise control aren't working. I have

Customer Question

My stop lights and cruise control aren't working. I have changed brake switch, but still nothing. Can you help please?
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: I have checked the fuse for stop lights. It is V6, 3.5
JA: What year is your V60?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed light globes and brake switch under the brake padle
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Brakes are working fine. I don't know if there is fuse for cruise control
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect and see if there is any wiring damage at the brake switch or leading to the brake switch itself as this can cause this type of fault here.If an issue is found it will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.If this has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete