Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a red hand with a car inside that keeps flashing on

Customer Question

Hi pearl i have a red hand with a car inside that keeps flashing on my dashboard
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: And also ehr am driving
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: And also when i am driving im not able to get up to speed could this be related to my brakes
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: Ford fairmont 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a couple of people look at my car and they say its the power steering or its to do with the brakes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was making a sqeeking noise but that has stopped since they put brake fluid in my brakes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I believe this red hand is telling you to stop driving as an issue has been found in your model keeping the vehicle from operating properly and needs diagnosed and repaired.This warning indicates a fault code is set.The fault codes need checked/read out to see what codes are set and once this is done the codes are then diagnosed and repaired to correct the issues from there.This can be a failing sensor or solenoid or another component at fault with the engine or transmission needing repaired or replaced.The fault codes do need checked/read out to locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete