Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

2004 mazda6 after engine replacement the engine fires when

Customer Question

2004 mazda6 after engine replacement the engine fires when trying to start but then just stops even befor starter is denergised
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be an issue with the theft/immobilizer system.Usually the key/ignition needs relearned when this occurs and this has to be done by a dealer in most all cases.A dealer or local repair facility that can do this relearn/reprogram will usually charge about an hours labor to do this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry for not getting back to you earlier but i live out in the outback of australia and the local dealer has changed hands i am trying to sort it out hopeing to get it sorted out tomorrow i will let you know please bear with me regards john
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

No problem.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete