Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a Toyota 100 series Landcruiser turbo diesel

Customer Question

Hi I have a Toyota 100 series Landcruiser turbo diesel speedo has stopped working and my gear indicator lights and cruise control as well i assume all are connected..
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When the speedo quits like this here this disables the cruise control and can also in some cases disable the gear indicator lights.I have seen issues with the transmission speed sensor itself that can cause this fault here with it needing replaced for this issue.I would have this checked/tested further to see if the speed sensor needs replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete