Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician

I was going to do a transmission flush and filter change on

Customer Question

hi i was going to do a transmission flush and filter change on my vectra cdxii 2003 model. my partner is the mechanic but he is in hospital so i am pretty much doing this blind
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 380 000
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: holden vectra cdxi 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. we have had heaps of trouble iwht the transmission ever since i bought the car but our research has shown that it is a common problem with this make of car as coolant leaks into the transmission. we have soved the problem with some stop leak and done a few transmision oil changes and it is a lot bettr but without doing this final flush and filter change there is still some coolant in the transmission
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not off the top of my heaed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: opps head
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

If you are still getting coolant in the transmission, then I would replace the radiator.

You may also need to replace some or all of the coolant hoses, since you will also have transmission fluid in the cooling system.

And flush the cooling system.

Once there is no fluid cross contamination, then do the trans flush twice, the opel trans fluid is better.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards