sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

A picture of a oil container came up on my electronic speedo

Customer Question

a picture of a oil container came up on my electronic speedo were u can change the mode button for different things. I drove the car probably 5kms and it seemed to only go slow wen I stopped at an intersection it stalled and wouldn't go again it is a 2005 vz holden Berliner. I then checked the oil and it had not much on the dipstick.i added 2.5 litres I then tried to start it and it wouldn't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: It tried to but I m thinking that the battery is tired as I have been noticing it is definitely tired
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: It is a 2005 vz Holden Berliner auto
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I started by putting 2litres of oil as that is all I had at the time and I then tried to jump start it. I had dash lights and headlights but it wouldn't start
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No pearl I thought it might have been the immobilser as the red light on the dash was flashing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The light you saw is the oil pressure warning light and it comes on when oil pressure is too low to safely run the engine, and alerts you that it needs to be stopped immediately. Continuing to drive it with the oil light on may have done catastrophic damage to the engine which is causing the no start condition now.

Can you try turning the engine using a socket on and ratchet on the crank damper bolt?