Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

My top tailgate on ford territory is not aligned right how

Customer Question

My top tailgate on ford territory is not aligned right how do i fix it
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2008 tx
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet i just cleaned it and noticed that the top part is not lined up flush to the body right do i adjust the latch on the hole tailgate or just top latch
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I am going to do this myself to save money
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually you would adjust the top latch if this is an issue with the top part of the tail gate itself.You might check and see if a body shop or dealer can adjust this for you as some have a special procedure on how this is done here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete