Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.

My name is allan my problem is I have a 2000 Mitsubishi

Customer Question

hi pearl my name is ***** ***** problem is I have a 2000 Mitsubishi verada automatic 3.5 litre its not selecting gears I removed the gearbox and replaced it with another box and its still not selecting
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch? What is the model of your '00 Mitsubishi?
Customer: no I have,nt checked the brake switch its an 08 00 model a light comes on the dash that flashes tcm
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: like i said i replaced the gearbox with one that i know that worked
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no i think that is all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 months ago.

Hi .

When you swapped the transmission did you also change over all the sensors from the oil trans to the new .

Did you check for transmission malfunction codes before you change the transmission .