Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a Mercedes Vito 639 120CDI. I have a code coming up

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a Mercedes Vito 639 120CDI. I have a code coming up which is 2641 B60 Exhaust Back pressure sensor plausibility error
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 200000 kilometres. I took it to the dealer, and they replaced the DPF sensor, and 8 weeks later the same code came back and the engine light again. I replaced the same sensor, got two weeks and now I have the engine light and the code again
JA: What is the model of your '198000 Mercedes Vito?
Customer: 08/2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can either fix it myself or take it to my local mechanic to fix if I can tell him what is wrong
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the exhaust back pressure tested at all this needs done.If there is excessive back pressure due to a clogged exhaust component this will need repaired to correct this issue.I have seen the DPF filter restrict as well as other exhaust components needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete