Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

All items have been checked and proven working well. Pulses

Customer Question

All items have been checked and proven working well. Pulses from the ECU are evenly spaced with everything checking OK to the distributor. The pulse to the distributor is OK from the distributor the pulse is OK until the initial crank of the starter motor. after the initial crank two (2) regular pulses then a gap then irregular pulse or nothing. If the engine does start it runs well, pulses OK. Turn off and restarts OK even after being turned off for a couple of hours. It doesn't miss a beat if driven all day. First start in the morning is the problem. The vehicle broke down on the freeway in March 2016 with the rotor disintegrating destroying the distributor prior to this the vehicle turned over about three (3) time on the initial start before firing. Started well. Leads from the distributor to spark plug and starter motor have been replaced. Body Module and computer pulses are fine.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models the engines use a crank and cam sensor.If your engine uses any of these sensors one of these sensors can be acting up causing this fault here as I have seen and had to replace before.I would have these sensors checked/tested to see if one needs replaced.If your engine does not use these sensors they will need to check the engine timing components and dist. drive shaft for any mechanical issues needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete