Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have 2005 elf rand auto back sliding doors passengers side

Customer Question

I have 2005 elf rand auto back sliding doors passengers side will close up until 6 inches away and then opens again what can I do to fix it
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If these are automatic sliding doors this can be a fault with the cables that run the doors or the motor itself not being able to pull the door all the way closed.If you have not had the fault codes read out with a scan tool or computers that will plug into your model and can read all computers in your vehicle this needs done to see if any codes are set.If any codes are set the codes will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.These are usually the most common for this type of fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete