Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

My immobilizer is stopping my 2002 kia spectra from starting

Customer Question

my immobilizer is stopping my 2002 kia spectra from starting only have one key the colour is green key mechanic and auto electricians both said their computers failed to connect with car computer need kia dealer to hook kia up to their computer
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually a dealer is the only one that has access to sometimes diagnose an immobilizer fault as well as program it and in some cases repair it.This is most likely whey they cannot access it to do any programming or diagnostics.Unfortunately this sounds like it does need diagnosed by a dealer repair center to locate and repair this fault as well as do any key programming.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete