sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

We currently have the Tekonsha system and I'm having

Customer Question

We currently have the Tekonsha system and I'm having problems adjusting the power can you tell me how the controls on the left and right work as when I put the brake on it is too sudden and severe Thanks ***** *****. Email address. ***@******.***. Mobile. *****
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I would have to know the model number to know what exact controls you have, but what you're needing to adjust is the gain. There will be a knob on the brake controller and then a number on the screen that goes up and down according to knob movement. If you adjust it to a higher number that will give a higher duty cycle to the brake solenoids, which means more braking power. A lower number will give you less braking power, if the brakes are locking up then start at 5 or 10 and work your way up incrementally until you're happy with stopping power.