Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have Mitsubishi Magna 2004 Auto Gear , I had changed to

Customer Question

Hi ,
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have Mitsubishi Magna 2004 Auto Gear , I had changed to Manual
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: Now I found the ODO meter not working
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: and the engine chaking when turning on the AC
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: bought another ECU but do not know how to reprograme it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you replaced the gear box from auto to manual you may need to have the gear box wiring changed out and computer and the computer reprogrammed.The programming in most all cases has to be done by a dealer unfortunately as this will require their computer to do this reprogramming and their access to the programming mode/operation.

I suspect the gear box swap out is causing the issues here and first the wiring needs to be checked to make sure it is fully compatible and if o.k. the computer replaced and programmed.This will require special programming by a dealer to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete