Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Can a 230volt power socket be retrofitted to put 2016 Volvo

Customer Question

Hi there. Can a 230volt power socket be retrofitted to put 2016 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription? Position is at the rest of centre console above the 12 Volt socket. Our vehicle was meant to have the power socket but the wrong build code was ordered.
Philip from New Zealand
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You may have to check with a dealer to see if it can b e retro fitted to your model as well as what components would be needed and labor time to install this for proper operation.If this is or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete