virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

The immobiliser light is flashing on my Hyundai every time I

Customer Question

The immobiliser light is flashing on my Hyundai every time I turn the ignition .and it won't start.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: It started cause I only had one key for it .it supposed to have two.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I got the car with only one key it was starting fine for awhile and then it just couldn't start .then light started flashing .
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I had a look but not sure. I read the manual book about the light flashing its the immobiliser locking system.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: Well it supposed to have two key's one to start it and one to unlock it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So I can help you better, would you mind telling me the year, model and engine size of the Hyundai?Thanks
Do you still want help with this problem?
Do you still need help?