Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Have a mitsubishi express 2000 2.4l auto. : the van is on

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Have a mitsubishi express 2000 2.4l auto.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the van is on gas and is hard to start in the morning.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 200,000 kms and battery is fully charged
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: At this point am thinking of doing it.Want to put 4 in new injectors in
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: Blows smoke when on the gas only
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a possible fuel injector fault or more then one injector at fault needing replaced.This can be common to cause a hard start as well as the smoke issue.I would have the fuel system tested to see if one or more injectors need replaced to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete