Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I bought a lux 94 rn85 2.4 petrol 5 speed. I have done some

Customer Question

I bought a hilux 94 rn85 2.4 petrol 5 speed. I have done some brake maintenance and l am starting to find a mix of parts.
The problem l have now is my speedo is not working, l bought a new cable, only to find out it has an electronic speedo, l have tried to follow the wire from the gearbox to the dash, no good, have taken dash out. Now l don't know what to do, where would l find some serial numbers to solve this problem.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Since no one has posted any info here on this model for this issue and what would need to be done to locate and repair this fault you may have to take this model to a dealer for diagnosis and repair.They may have to examine your model to see what parts are installed to help locate the cause of the issue here to repair this.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your response.
The problem has been fixed.
Regards *****
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Your welcome.That is great to hear the fault has been repaired.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete