Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

2015 200 turbo diesel 27K's. Fuel filter light has just come

Customer Question

2015 200 turbo diesel 27K's. Fuel filter light has just come on. I have an early departure for about 300 KM's tomorrow. Do I need to attend to this before departure in the morning or is it safe to get it attended to on Tuesday? Thanks, Mick.
JA: How many miles are on the engine? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 27,000Km. Last service at 18Km Toyota in Darwin. Mainly country miles.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No. I want all servicing to be by the book with Toyota.
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No. My main query is it OK to do 300km trip tomorrow before taking it into dealership on Tuesday?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.

Hello

If you have noticed any loss of power or difficulty starting then the filter will need attending to straight away

if its still driving fine then yuo will be able to put it off until your return

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Many thanks, Mick.
Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.

no problem

anything else I can help with?

Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you