sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a leak on front passenger floor when it rains. I was

Customer Question

I have a leak on front passenger floor when it rains. I was once told this is because of a blocked drain from roof. Can you please tell me where the outlet is so I can unblock it
JA: How has your mileage been lately? How long have you had the leak?
Customer: Quite a while but only when it rains hard. Car is about 8 years old? Perhaps
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No haha unless it is easy to do
JA: OK! The Honda Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: Not really that is all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You'd need to clear the drain tubes from the source rather than the other end.

Open the sunroof and at each of the corners you'll see an open hole in the gutter system under the glass. These are the drains. Remove anything that you can see at the opening, but there usually won't be anything.

If nothing is visible then use a rubber tipped blow gun and gently apply compressed air to the tube. This has to be done carefully or the tube could split or pop off, which could end up in hours of disassembly/reassembly work.

After applying some compressed air then you can pour water into the drain trough and see that the water flows quickly down the tube. This procedure usually only needs to be done on the front drain tubes, especially if you're only seeing a leak in the front.