Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a 2010 Mazda 6. I recent discovered a blow fuse

Customer Question

Hi - I have a 2010 Mazda 6. I recent discovered a blow fuse related to the cig-lighter inbetween two front seats (USB charger). Fuse is replaced and systems are functioning normal except for central locking. My remote is not unlocking - locking car dispite the indicator lights flashing when I push either button. The Rear Hatch wont open via key, on pushing button, I had to unlock manually via emergency level (via backsetas)
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Mazda Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model of your '10 Mazda?
Customer: GX 2.5l
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've been checking fuses. I've seen some info on the resetting keyless entry proceedure (turn key x times open door x times) but not sure what is right for my model
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I had a auto-electrician call out yesterday - he fixed the initial problem, BOISE and internal lights weren't working. I checked everything except the auto locking
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set this needs done.This needs done with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This can be a fault internally within an ECU that controls locking and unlocking as well as keyless entry in some cases.Having the codes checked/read out will help diagnose and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete