Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

NP 3.2 Auto. 100klmh engine suddenly stopped and would not

Customer Question

NP 3.2 Auto. 100klmh engine suddenly stopped and would not restart. Small amount of smoke (2 seconds) from front of bonnet and strange smell not fuel or oil smell. No sign of leaks anywhere. Blue 20amp (engine sign on cover) fuse blown. New fuse blew immediately engine was turned over. What can be the problem?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Inspect for any shorted or damaged wiring on the engine in the area the smoke was at.If any shorted or damaged wiring is found this will need to be repaired to correct this issue here.This will cause the smoke and the no start and stall out issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hi Peter. You have replied with the obvious. What I need to know is what that fuse manages i.e. what components should I be fault finding. I can tell you that a replacement fuse blows immediately the ignition switch is turned on before turning switch to start. I am a gas turbine and airframe mech by trade so went for the obvious straight up. The smoke I mentioned previously was seen when vehicle came to a stop and hood was down and only lasted a second or two. When hood went up there was just the smell no smoke or fuming.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete