Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Have a 2004 Ford Territory few issues 😭 window on driver

Customer Question

Have a 2004 Ford Territory few issues 😭 window on driver side won't go down, it use to just go down automatically as soon as unlock car press the button wind it back up and it just goes straight back down when taking off the button!
Then last week making a knocking sound sometimes when turning then just goes away or just driving along ok then hear knocking sometimes ease up on accelerate and then accelerate it goes
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How much will it cost all up?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

The issue with the window here may be due to a fault with the window motor itself.I have seen the window motor itself fail in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.I would have the window motor signals checked/tested to see if the motor needs replaced.

The knock noise if this occurs when turning or felt in the steering at all this can be caused by a fault with one of the wheel bearings failing.I would have the wheel bearings/hub assemblies checked to see if any are at fault needing replaced.

If this is not how the noise occurrs here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete