Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

A having an issue with the LPG dual fuel conversion on my 05

Customer Question

Hi , a having an issue with the LPG dual fuel conversion on my 05 Rodeo v6 . It has been a fantastic system ... No problems in 120 k ..this Izuzu motor goes really well on both . Last 6 months the battery flattens over a week to the point of not cranking over .. Battery is ok . Today we traced the leak to the lpg system which draws about .5 amp with everything turned off .
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Isuzu. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes ,am pretty experienced but leave computers alone
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Isuzu?
Customer: Have disconnected gas system from power supply at battery .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Most likely one of the LPG components is stuck on or sticking on causing the battery drain/draw.Usually what has to be done is to disconnect everything from the draw/draining circuit one at a time to then locate which component is the source of the draw and once this is done usually that component needs replaced.This is best done by a facility that has experience working on the LPG systems and this model here to help pinpoint the cause.If this is not an option or was already checked into let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete