rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

2004 toyota kluger fuel pump not working have replaced the

Customer Question

2004 toyota kluger fuel pump not working have replaced the fuel pump
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: not getting power to pump
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced fuel pump checked all fuses
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: no it was running fine the day before did not start since as no fuel pressure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach
automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Check fuses and relays first, then check wiring to pump.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
have checked all fuses. Where abouts is the Fuel pump Relay positioned.
Thanks James
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.
That's under the hood in the power distribution box.
Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is it marked at
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

The markings should all be on the cover of the relay box.

Thanks again,