Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I am in australia : my 2001 sprinter, 2.7 cdi, wont crank.

Customer Question

Hi i am in australia
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my 2001 sprinter, 2.7 cdi, wont crank. start error on dash. had flat battery, tried to jump start but failed and now wont crank. please help
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. i am a mechanic
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked for codes and cleared codes
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: scanner says immoboliser internal fault
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: thanks
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases this can be due to a faulty key itself needing replaced or an issue with the immobilizer that reads the key needing replaced.If you havent yet,try locking and unlocking the doors with the key and interior lock button and see if this corrects the fault here.If it does not this will have to be checked further having codes checked and diagnosed to pinpoint the issue.Most common I have seen is a faulty key itself needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete